Technical Due Diligence
Basler & Hofmann identifies the technical and environmental risks and opportunities presented by a property – as a basis for decision-making for real estate transactions or as a systematic investigation for long-term investment planning. We evaluate the condition of a property in terms of building structure and services, and examine whether emissions, waste, hazardous substances, wastewater and water supply comply with the applicable laws. Furthermore, we assess whether the applicable fire protection and earthquake regulations have been met. We prioritise our recommendations for action according to urgency and estimate the associated investment costs.
What we offer:
- Initial assessment of properties (drive-by, object check)
- Structural assessment and environmental evaluation
- Energy performance evaluation (Energy performance certificate, GEAK)
- Technical investigation of contaminated sites and building contaminants
- Consultancy and expert evaluations
Competence in environmental issues and building techniques
Our team of architects, structural, building services and environmental engineers combines competence in building techniques and environmental issues. We advise national and international investors as well as public and private property owners looking to identify the technical and financial risks associated with their real estate portfolio in advance of a transaction.